Use the Audio field to record and embed audio files directly into your form. This a quick and easy way to capture audio without the need for additional equipment or software. You can also configure the length and quality of recordings to ensure that files are a manageable size.
The Audio field can be particularly useful for capturing spoken notes, interviews, or verbal feedback. Here are some other common use cases:
- Inspections: During an inspection, you can use the audio field to record any verbal comments or observations you have about a particular area or item. This can help you provide more detailed feedback to your team or clients.
- Surveys: When conducting a survey, you can use the audio field to allow respondents to leave verbal feedback or comments instead of having to type them out. This can be useful for people who have difficulty typing or prefer to speak their thoughts aloud.
- Customer feedback: In a customer feedback form, you can use the audio field to allow customers to leave a verbal description of their experience with your product or service. This can provide more detailed and nuanced feedback compared to just using text fields.
How to Add the Audio Field
- In the Form Builder, select Audio from the Add Fields menu on the left.
- Use the Audio Settings menu on the right to configure the quality and maximum length of the recording.
How to Use the Audio Field in the App
To record audio using the Audio field in a form using the app:
- Tap on the microphone icon.
- Tap Record to start recording audio.
- After recording, you have a few options:
- Press Play to listen to your audio file.
- Press Re-Record to replace the audio file with a new recording.
- Press Delete to delete the audio file.
4. When you're satisfied with your recording, push Done in the top-right corner to save it into your form.
|Field Label||The label displayed for the field. This is usually displayed at the top left corner above the field.|
|Field Key||A Key used to reference the field in submission data. The key is also used to reference the field in rules and calculations.|
|Audio Quality||The quality of the audio being captured. Higher quality results in a bigger file size and will cause forms to sync slower.
Available Options (Low, Med, High, Max)
|Max Recordable Seconds||The maximum number in seconds you can record audio before it will auto stop. If set to 0 no limit to the length of audio will be enforced.|
|Hint Text||The text that will be displayed if the field has no value, e.g. 'Please enter a value'.|
(Please see the Introduction to Rules Document for more information)
|Required||Sets the field to have required input. You will not be able to submit the form until this field has valid input.|
|Hide Field Label||Hides the Field Name label.|
|Enabled||If not set the field will be visible but cannot be edited or set to accept new input.|
|Hidden||If enabled the field and all labels are not visible.|
|Exclude From Reports||If checked, the field will be excluded from HTML and PDF reports and will also be excluded from Excel and CSV exports.|
|Capture Geo Location||Capture the current latitude and longitude when the acknowledgment button is clicked.|
|Capture Time Stamp||Capture the current date and time when the acknowledgment button is clicked.|
|Alert Type||Choose a theme to change the background and font colors of the field cell as displayed in the apps.|
|Data Type||Domain of Values||Example JSON|
|String||File Name of asset on Amazon S3||