You can create automated workflow actions that are triggered by custom form statuses. For example, a form status marked Approved could automatically generate a report to management, while a status of Needs Repairs could trigger an alert and send the report to maintenance personnel.
Here are a few common scenarios for creating a workflow action based on a form status:
- Approval processes: Set up workflows to automatically notify approvers when a form is submitted and requires review. When a reviewer changes the status of a form (e.g., Approved, Rejected), it can trigger subsequent actions, such as alerts to stakeholders.
- Conditional actions: Each form status could trigger different actions. For example, a form marked Complete could automatically generate a PDF report and send it to management, while a form marked Incomplete could trigger a notification to the submitter that more work is needed.
- Data synchronization: When a form reaches a specific status, you can use workflow actions to trigger data synchronization with other systems or databases, ensuring that relevant information is updated and shared across different platforms.
How to Create Custom Form Statuses
To create workflow actions based on form status changes, you'll first need to create a set of selectable form statuses. To learn more about creating custom form statuses, read our help guide or watch the video below.
How to Create Workflow Actions Based on Form Status
- Log into the Portal and go to Workflow > Global Workflow.
- Select + New Workflow.
- Name your workflow.
- Choose a specific form you want to assign this workflow action to or choose Any to apply it to all forms in your account.
- Specify what actions/integrations should occur when a certain status is selected.
- Select Add Conditions to determine the conditions that must be met for the workflow actions to be triggered.
- Here, you'll set up your form status condition.
- This step determines which field will trigger a status change based on user input or form completion.
Once your workflow actions are set up, we recommend you test your form to ensure the actions are working as expected.