Setting Up and Authorizing
FastField has many third party integrations to choose from. In this article we are going to set up Google Sheets into your account in a few easy steps.
Sign in to the Fastfield Portal and click Global Workflow on the left navigation screen. Then, click on the integrations tab and finally click on the "+New Integration" button.
Label your integration. Then connect and authorize with your Google credentials.
You will be able to disconnect and reconnect with another google account at anytime
Integrating Google Sheets Into a Global Workflow
- Create a new workflow or open a previously existing workflow and add a new action set.
- Create an action
- Add the Google Sheets integration from the dropdown list
- You may either choose an existing or new google sheets integration. If you have already authorized through the integrations tab, those integrations will be shown here.
- Map one or more fields from your submitted form to one or more sheets in your Google Sheets.
- NOTE: If any mapped fields in your destination form are modified or deleted in the future, the mappings here will need to be updated as well.
- Choose your spreadsheet
- Choose the sheet and start mapping the source data from the form to the corresponding columns. You can add multiple sheets in one workflow integration. In this example it will take the field data (submitted by = email) to the email column in the sheet.
How to Add Field & Sheet Mapping
Once you have chosen your spreadsheet. In this example we have chosen the Moving Company Equipment List form and we will match it with its corresponding google sheet.
In the Google Sheet above, there is only one tab or sheet to choose from there for it will default to sheet1, if there are multiple sheets make sure to choose the correct destination.
Once you have selected the sheet, you will need to determine the source fields and destination columns. In this column the designations should be as follows: Serial #, Trailer, Inventory ID, and Description. Now let's see what fields have been created in the form.
Mapping Source Data to Columns:
In this example, your Bar Code field will be mapped to the column Serial Number. Equipment will be mapped to Trailer. Equipment ID will be mapped to Inventory ID and Description to Description.