What is Remote Lookup?
Remote Lookup allows you to remotely access lookup data from the device using a service you set up. You will specify an HTTP Url that will return the Lookup data based on the specified search criteria.
Note: Remote lookup will not work in the Web App or Preview mode.
Setting Up Remote Lookup
• To start, open your form in the web builder and go to "Advanced Options," then choose "Lookup Mappings."
• Create a new mapping and choose "Remote Lookup Access" as the lookup type.
• You will need to enter the HTTP Url to which JSON search criteria will be Posted. This call will also result in the return of the matching lookup result.
• You have the option to use basic username/password authentication as well as token-based authentication. If you wish to do so, click the relative checkbox and enter your information.
• Next, choose the fields on the form that will be passed via the Remote Url call to search for the specifically requested Lookup Data record. Allowable field types are List Selector, Global List Selector, Lookup List Selector, Static Text, Bar Code Reader, and NFC Reader.
Here is a sample of the JSON that will be posted to the URL you specified. This will be sent via an HTTP POST call, and we recommend that you employ SSL (HTTPS) when making the call. If username and password are provided, they will be included in the authorization portion of the call. The format of this JSON is correct, but the content in this example is not. But you can use it to test our service.
The following is an example of the expected JSON format to be returned by your service from our POST to you. The basic concept is that you will return one record containing a Field Keys list and the associated value. You will need to ensure the field key you send back exists in the form, or it will be ignored.
"value": "Test Data"
"value": "More Test Data"