The FastField Report Builder is tightly integrated with your FastField forms. Easily map your forms to your custom PDF documents to produce picture-perfect reports that reflect your custom look and feel.
Report Builder Capabilities
- Online PDF mapping to help you design custom report outputs
- Does not require third-party tools, such as Adobe Acrobat, to set up mapping
- Allows you to drag and drop your form's fields directly on top of your PDF report template
- Provides the ability to create and tie multiple report templates to a single FastField form
- Generates HTML and PDF outputs
- Live preview to test your mapping and layouts without having to submit forms over and over again
- Provides the ability to map multiple PDF files in a single report
- Allows for adjusting the style of multiple fields at once using global class configurations
- No need to remember field keys or complex naming conventions
Integrated Field Mapping
Your FastField form is directly integrated into the Report Builder. To map your form to a PDF document, simply uploadyour PDF file, then drag and drop your fields to the appropriate location on your report. Each field has unique settings to control the output and formatting of the data and requires no technical experience to lay out your report.
Multiple Report Templates
Oftentimes, a form needs to be delivered to different audiences. Each audience may desire different formats of the final report. The FastField Report Builder supports the creation of one or more report templates for a single form.
For example, this would allow you to have an Internal Report Template and a Customer-Facing Report Template. Or perhaps your use case requires a Manager's Report and a Technician's Report.
While defining templates, you also have the option to select a default template which will be used when accessing reports in the Portal.
To streamline the testing of your report layout and mapping, FastField offers an integrated Live Preview mode which allows you to quickly view your draft report populated from a prior submission.
With Live Preview, you can interactively test your design without having to submit new forms or exit the Report Builder. While in Preview Mode, you can toggle between your submission data to test how the data populates or fills the report using real data.
Reports can be configured with different fonts and formatting styles. Each individual field offers various styling options, such as font color, size, and alignment, which can all be configured through style classes.