Custom PDF Reports
The Report Builder allows you to easily format and embed data into existing custom PDF reports. This data is automatically associated with completed form submissions and is displayed based on unique field keys.
How to access the Report Builder
- In the Portal, go to Forms > Custom Reports.
- On the Custom Reports page, select the green + New Report button on the top right (or Actions > Edit to open an existing report).
- Select the form that you'd like to use for the report and give it a name.
Upload a PDF Template
Once in the Report Builder (see the steps above), you'll need to upload a PDF template for you to build your report on. Just select Upload your PDF to choose the template you'd like to use for this report.
In the example, we've uploaded a sample Inspection Worksheet for our PDF report template. You'll also need to upload a blank version of your form report (i.e., a template without any data filled out).
Add Field Data
In the Report Builder, you'll see the fields that correspond to your form on the left-hand side of your screen. To start mapping the field data over to your PDF template:
1. Choose a field from the Form Fields menu and select Add. This will automatically add the field to your report.
- You can also add multiple instances of the same field data in your report. Just repeat this step.
2. Adjust the size of the field data box and drag and drop the field to place it wherever it coincides with your PDF template.
3. Easily navigate and manage report pages using the buttons at the top.
Preview and Publish
Make sure to preview your report by Preview > Test Submission to ensure optimum results.
Your test submission data will populate your form: