Completed forms are often emailed to different destinations, internal users, external clients, administration, etc. For more efficient communication within the email, you can have the email subject line and body contain data from the form. This will help distinguish each email by providing unique details about the customer, user, location, or any other information you deem necessary.
For example, you could set up an email with the following subject line: Completed Report for [client_name] on [date field].
This function can be set up in the Delivery menu of the Form Builder or with Global Workflow.
How to Set It Up in the Form Builder
1) Select the Delivery button in the Form Builder.
2) Choose an email action from the Actions menu on the left (e.g., Email users).
- This can be applied to any email delivery action.
3) As you write your subject line and/or body text, use brackets to insert data from the form, such as a field key.
- Example: [field_key]
- For a list of supported field types and metadata, you can read about our Supported Field Types for Subject and Body Email Integration.
How to Set It Up With Global Workflow
- In the Portal, go to Workflow > Global Workflow.
- Create a New Workflow.
- Under Perform these actions, select your desired email action (e.g., Email Submitter)
- Select the Add Field button next to Email Subject and/or Email Body to select your desired field(s) or string literals.