How to Create a Subform
- Log into https://portal.fastfieldforms.com using your administration username and password.
- Open the main form you want to add the subform to in the Form Builder.
- Add the Subform field to your form.
- On the right-side panel, you can choose an existing subform or create a new one by selecting Create New Subform.
- If you're creating a new subform, give it a name and select Edit to build your form.
- Save and publish the subform to make it live for use.
- Select Allow Multiple Subform Instances to enable users to repeat the subform within the main form as needed to capture multiple data instances.
Your subform should look similar to the screen below:
From this point, you can configure the subform field as needed. For details on the different options to configure a Subform Selector field.
Use the Subform Selector to launch Subform from the Master Form. The Subform selector field will prompt you with a list of your created Subforms to choose from or create a new one from scratch. Subforms are most commonly used to capture several instances of data within a single form submission.
Notes and Limitations of Subforms
- Subform fields cannot be added to a subform (i.e., subforms do not allow infinite nesting of data).
- Subforms do not contain pages in their organizational structure.
- Subform data contained in form submissions cannot be exported to CSV format.
- Custom reports (Word or PDF) do not support repeating sections within subforms or subforms within repeating sections. We highly recommend either using repeating sections or subforms (please refrain from using both at the same time).