Enabling Push Notifications
Push notifications will notify users when a new form is dispatched to them through our dispatch system or API. You can also use a workflow action to send a customized push notification to a user, push notification workflow action. However, we do not currently support push notifications when dispatching from an Excel file, forward, or a forward cycle.
Push notifications send a notification to any device the user has the FastField app installed on. The user will need to have logged in to FastField on that device previously for any notifications to be sent. The user will receive a notification for each dispatch or the API. When dispatching a form, the push notification subject line will default to "New Dispatch," and the body will be the dispatch message. With the push notification workflow action, you will set up a custom push notification subject line and body message.
Enable/Disable on iOS App:
The first time you launch the app, you will be prompted to allow Push Notifications. You can always enable or disable Push Notifications from your device Settings later. To do this, you will need to open your settings and scroll down to FastField. When you tap FastField, this will open the app permissions to turn on or off push notifications.
Enable/Disable on Android App:
On Android, Push Notifications will automatically be allowed; you can enable or disable them in your device Settings in the Notification section at any time. Just look for FastField in the app list to toggle Push Notifications On or Off.
Setting Up Push Notifications
- You will want to click the Delivery button in the form builder to open the Delivery Options.
- Click and Drag the Push Notification action from the left column to the center.
- In the right column you can select if you want to send a notification from a List of Users, a User Group, or From Field. This will send a Push Notification to all the users listed.
- The Push Notification Subject will show up in bold on the device, preceding the body.
- The Push Notification Body will show up in the Push Notification banner on the device following the Subject.
- Click the Save and Close to save your Delivery Options.
- Save and Publish your form to start sending Push Notifications.
NOTE: As this is currently a beta feature, you will need to request to be added to this beta in order to access it. To do this, just email Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to the Push Notifications Beta. Please see this article to learn more about Push Notifications.